What is Covered?
Total Protection Films and warrants the SunTek Window film products listed below against product defects including hazing, cracking, delaminating or adhesive failure, when the film is properly installed on interior glass surfaces. The following products are covered under this warranty.
Ultra – Vision DS, Symphony DS, Dual-Reflective DS, Silver DS, DRMPS/DS, SYLRDS, Safety & Security, Anti-Graffiti, White Matte, White Out, Black Out, Crystal.
Who is covered and how long coverage lasts.
- For residential installations, the lifetime warranty for the products listed above covers the original purchaser of the film for as long as the original purchaser owns and lives in the home where the film was installed.
- For commercial installations the warranty for the products listed above lasts for fifteen (15) years from installation date except that the warranty for Dual-Reflective DS, DRMPS/DS and SYLRDS lasts for ten (10) years from installation date.
- Warranty for Black Out, White Out, and Crystal window film products lasts for five (5) years from installation date
- Warranty for Anti-Graffiti window film products last for two (2) years from installation date. Anti-Graffiti window film products are approved for both interior and exterior applications for the term of the applicable warranty.
What the Manufacturer will do.
If the film exhibits one or more product defects, the manufacturer will replace the film (Labor and materials) at no cost to the purchaser. The manufacturer will not issue a refund to the purchaser.
Additional glass breakage and seal failure warranty.
Total Protection Films and warrants against (1) Seal failure for a period of thirty-six (36) months from film installation date if seal failure is covered by the window manufacturer, and (2) thermal shock cture for a period of sixty (60) months from film installation date, SYLRDS 10 excluded. The following terms and conditions apply to the glass breakage and seal failure warranties.
- Who is covered. This limited warranty coverage is offered only to the owner of the property at the time of the film’s installation.
- What the Manufacturer will do. The manufacturer will pay for repairs or replacement up to $500 per glazing unit.
- For residential installations you must pay a deductible of $25.00 or 5 percent of the replacement cost, whichever is greater, per glazing unit. For non-residential installations you must pay a deductible of $100.00 or 5 percent of replacement cost, whichever is greater per glazing unit.
- No warranty for pre-existing Conditions. Pre-existing conditions of glass breakage, thermal shock fracture or seal failure of the filmed glazing unit voids this warranty coverage.
- In order to qualify for seal failure coverage, the owner must present documentation from the window manufacturer that a seal failure warranty is currently in force. This warranty for seal failure will not extend beyond the term of window manufacturer’s limited warranty.
- “Seal failure” means a visible break or opening of the window’s air seal, resulting in an ineffective sealing of the window, allowing moisture and/ or air to penetrate, and causing an internal fogging of the glass. “Thermal shock fracture” means a cracking or fracture of the glass caused by heat or change in temperature resulting from the application of film to glass and identified by the following characteristics: (a) break lines make a right angle with the edge of glass at or near the origin, and (b) break lines separate into two (2) or more lines within two (2) inches of the edge and the origin. The extra heat stress from the installation of the film must be the primary reason for the break or failure.
The Express warranties contained in this agreement are in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied. The manufacturer disclaims all implied warranties, including the implied warranties of merchantability. Fitness for particular purpose, and all other warranties arising from course of dealing or usage of trade. The parties specifically disclaim the U.N convention on contracts for the international sale of goods.
In no event shall the manufacturer be liable to the owner for any indirect, special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages of any kind arising out of or related to the use of or inability to use the film or the glass to which the film is applied, the breach of any warranty or of this agreement, any act or failure to act relating to this agreement or otherwise including without limitation damages for loss of use, lost profits, interruption of business, loss of business information, or any other Monetary or other loss, regardless of the form of action whether in contract. Tort ( including negligence), strict product liability, or otherwise, even if the manufacturer has been advised of or is otherwise aware of the possibility of such damages, some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.